The city of Chandler will observe Christmas Day, on Wed., Dec. 25, and New Year’s Day, on Wed., Jan. 1. To help you plan, below is a look at the city of Chandler’s closures for the holidays:
- Chandler City Hall and other administrative offices will be closed both Wednesdays.
- Trash and Recycling – There is no trash or recycling collection on Christmas Day or on New Year’s Day. Therefore, if your regular collection day is Wednesday, place your container at the curb Thursday by 6 a.m. Thursday collection rolls to Friday; Friday collection rolls to Saturday.
- The Recycling-Solid Waste Collection Center (self-haul transfer facility), however, will be closed on both Wednesdays. It will be open its regular hours on Thu., Dec. 26, and Thu., Jan. 2.
- Tumbleweed Recreation Center (TRC) at Tumbleweed Park will be closed Christmas and New Year’s days.
Special Note: The TRC will be open from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Christmas Eve, Tue., Dec. 24, and again on New Year’s Eve, Tue., Dec. 31. It will resume normal business hours from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Thu., Dec. 26, and Thu., Jan. 2.
- Chandler Tennis Center at Tumbleweed Park also will be closed Christmas and New Year’s days, but will be open its regular hours from 8 a.m. to noon and from 3 to 10 p.m., Thu., Dec. 26, and Thu., Jan. 2.
- The Environmental Education Center, Snedigar Recreation Center, Senior Center and downtown Community Center will be closed both Wednesdays.
- Libraries (Downtown, Basha, Hamilton, Sunset) will be closed on both Wednesdays as well as the Chandler Museum at McCullough-Price House.
For more information about these facilities and services, visit chandleraz.gov.